Welcome

Hello, and welcome to the official blog for Sally Slayer! Here you will find all sort of ramblings book related and caffeine induced. Hope you enjoy, and stay tuned for release dates for upcoming books!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tuesday Teaser

OK, I know I'm early, but I don't think I'll be able to post on Thursday. In other news, you should go like this page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thewritestuffauthors. There may or may not be a HUGE giveaway sometime in the next week or so. I might also have a small one here on my blog and FB page (https://www.facebook.com/sallyslayerwrites). Currently I am working on a project for an anthology that'll be out sometime either this summer or early fall. If you're a fan of The Dragon's Portal, you'll want to check this one out. It's a PREQUEL that explains some of the stuff that happened long before DP1. I am also (still) working on DP2 and Deviate2 (we may have to do a "name my book" contest, because so far I'm stumped LOL). On to the teaser from DP2. This happens pretty much right where The Dragon's Portal left off.



As soon as she exited the cave, she was assaulted by a barrage of questions. At least Layla had waited until they were alone before she started in on her though. “Are you alright Maya? Who the heck was that crazy woman, and why did she…do…um…that to Aiden? Did you see that crazy explosion? What are we going to do?” Layla laced the last question with despair. Obviously her sister was concerned for Amaya’s well-being, though it was already getting tedious to keep answering the same questions about the one subject she knew she didn’t have the heart to speak of – Aiden. With a heavy sigh and just as heavy of a heart, Amaya’s eyes finally met Layla’s concerned green orbs, and the affection displayed there effectively silenced the caustic reply she had planned.

“What do you want me to say Layla, that I’m fine – better yet, that everything’s fine and it’s all sunshine and rainbows? Cause it’s not.” She sighed again. “Things may never be fine again, ok. I don’t know. As for that crazy bitch, I know exactly what will happen to her.” The words and the slightly deranged expression on Amaya’s face sent a cold chill down Layla’s spine where it settled in the pit of her stomach.

“You know it won’t bring him back, right?” Layla’s voice was quite a bit softer this time. “It’ll only tear you apart, and besides we have a world to save, don’t we?” She tried to make a joke, which only made Amaya’s dour mood worse.

“Let’s just go. Everyone else is waiting for us.” Amaya said without feeling. “And stop trying to fix me. I’m not broken, and you know the old saying ‘if it’s not broken you don’t fix it.’” But I am broken.


That's all folks! Crud. Looks like I'm having cartoon withdrawals... Hope you enjoyed the teaser, and stick around for news of the giveaways! Happy Reading Folks!!! <3

~SS

No comments:

Pin It